Launched in 2017, TheLuckyDate has quickly become the go-to site for Western men looking for romantic connections with single Latin women. In less than seven years, TheLuckyDate grew its audience to over 110,000 female users. But is The Lucky Date legit? And should you give it a go, or should you try another site? Find all the answers in our The Lucky Date dating site review.
Prices on TheLuckyDate Site
If you’ve always been confused by the complicated credit and membership systems used by other dating sites, you will probably breathe a sigh of relief when you find out that TheLuckyDate doesn’t have a Premium membership option. Moreover, this site has only one credit package available: you can get 2,000 credits for $2.99, and the number of packages you buy is unlimited.
TheLuckyDate app also doesn’t have a lot of paid features to begin with. There are only two ways to spend money on this site:
- Live chat, which costs 200 credits per minute
- Virtual gifts, which start at $4,900 per gift
And that’s it! This means that you can browse women’s profiles for as long as you want and only invest in credits when you are ready to start communicating. That way, The Lucky Date cost is easy to predict.
My Own TheLuckyDate Check: Is it Worth It?
I’m sure that you will enjoy your time on TheLuckyDate, and there are many reasons for that. Still, it’s always better to come prepared and know what you’re in for as a new member. Here are a few highlights of my experience with TheLuckyDate:
- I was really pleased to find out that in addition to the usual registration system, where you need to sign up via email and then use it as your The Lucky Date login, you can start browsing in a matter of seconds by logging in using your Google account.
- Even though there isn’t a The Lucky Date app you can download, this is still the closest thing to a dating app among all Latin dating sites. I just added a shortcut to my phone’s home screen and made the experience even more app-like.
- At first, I was worried that having just one communication feature — text chat — wasn’t enough to let me get to know the women who caught my attention. However, I soon realized that text chat is all that you need, and it’s also pretty inexpensive.
- In my experience, the women on TheLuckyDate tend to be less likely to contact guys first than on some other dating sites I’ve tried. At the same time, the female audience of the site is pretty active — I got about a 90% response rate, which is pretty good.
Members on TheLuckyDate: Are There Real Girls?
TheLuckyDate is not strictly a Latin dating site: there are also European and Asian women there. However, I found that Latin girls make up a large percentage of its audience. Most Latinas there are between 20 and 40, and while many of them are looking for something serious, others are just here to chat for fun.
TheLuckyDate has a profile verification system for women. This minimizes the possibility of any TheLuckyDate scam since the women you meet are proven to be real.
Best Features for Dating on TheLuckyDate App
At first glance, TheLuckyDate seems to have limited functionality compared to some other dating services. However, I found that its range of features is just enough to have a great online dating experience. Here is how you can find and interact with other members:
- Search. TheLuckyDate offers only a basic search with the following parameters: age and location.
- Matches. Here you will see women whose profiles you haven’t seen yet but may like.
- Likes and Favorites. With these features, you can create lists of interesting profiles to message later.
- Chat. This is probably the most widely used feature for communicating with women.
- Virtual Gifts. You can choose one of the cute virtual gifts and send it to someone you like to attract her attention.
Customer Support: Is it Good?
TheLuckyDate has a very detailed FAQ section and another section of the site dedicated to the safety of online dating. However, sometimes you simply need to get help from someone who knows everything about the site. In that case, you can contact TheLuckyDate’s customer support via email: [email protected]. In my experience, it took the support team less than three hours to answer.
If you look at TheLuckyDate Reddit discussions or TheLuckyDate reviews, you can find out a lot about the site’s features, but you won’t always find suggestions on which other dating sites to try if you’ve enjoyed TheLuckyDate. We want to correct that, so here are the top recommended sites similar to The Lucky Date.com.
La Date is part of a well-known family of dating sites known for its high-quality audience and comprehensive range of communication features. It also works on a credit basis and has a very good track record when it comes to connecting lonely hearts.
- Free trial before you purchase premium features
- Chat rooms are categorized
- Users get immediate match suggestions after registering
- Two decades of proven success in matchmaking
This is one of the sites that originally started the Latin dating craze online, so there is a chance you’re already familiar with it. If not, you should know that LatamDate has one of the biggest Latin female audiences out of all dating services and also has a downloadable app, which is very convenient.
- The app has a good design interface
- The site checks the photos for plagiarism
- Unlimited for all members
- Send private messages
- User-friendly features
- The site has more than 15 million members
- Easy to use and thought out to the smallest detail
- Limited features on the free version
- Somewhat antiquated interface
- Members do not seem to be that active
- Less interactive experience